PhD scholarship at the Division of Translational Oncology
We are looking for a candidate:
In the project entitled: “Nuclear envelope architecture and its role in tumor genomic instability, mechano-adaptation and dissemination" About project
THE TASKS OF THE CANDIDATE:
- Involvement in individual research project at the Division of Translational Oncology of Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology of University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk.
- The researcher will be involved in designing and conducting of experiments allowing to determine the influence of the nuclear envelope architecture on the ability of a neoplastic cell to spread and metastasize.
- Analyzing the obtained results, including statistical calculations, interpreting the obtained results, and preparing them in the form of presentations for seminars, scientific announcements for conferences and scientific publications.
- Cooperation with international project partners.
WE EXPECT FROM THE CANDIDATE:
- Master degree in the field of biotechnology, biology, bioengineering or similar.
- Preferred experience in the field of basic methods of molecular biology (Western blot, RNA / DNA isolation, RNAi, methods of transfection, cell isolation), mammalian tissue cultures (2D and 3D cultures), immunostaining techniques. fluorescence microscopy.
- Excellent spoken and written English (preferred levels B2-C2),
- Motivation for reasearch, commitment to the implementation of tasks, creativity in solving problems, good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Scholarship of the doctoral school of Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology of University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk.
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are interested, please send your application (CV, cover letter and contact data to the former supervisors) to email@example.com.
- The deadline for submitting applications is 31st of August 2023.