IFB Advisory Board
In 2015 IFB decided to establish the IFB International Scientific Advisory Board. By the Polish law, IFB as a research & teaching institution is evaluated every four years by two different governmental committees. An international advisory panel is therefore not an obligation. However, it is a part of IFB’s capacity building strategy in order to obtain advice from prominent scientists from different fields covering research topics conducted at IFB. The nominations to the IFB International Scientific Advisory Board were based on the experts’ research excellence, management experience and broad research expertise. These aspects are important to cover a broad spectrum of research work and other research-related activities at IFB and provide recommendations for further actions.
Members of the IFB International Scientific Advisory Board:
- Prof. Burkhard Brandt - Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Institut für Klinische Chemie Kiel, Germany
- Prof. Bernd Bukau - Universität Heidelberg Center for Molecular Biology (ZMBH), Germany
- Prof. Arvind H. Patel - MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research, Scotland, UK
- Prof. Susanne Gabrielsson - Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Prof. Steven E. Lindow - University of California-Berkley, USA