Laboratory of Virus Molecular Biology at the Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk
is seeking a post-doc (adjunct-research position) candidate within the NCN OPUS 20 project “Immunomodulatory properties of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus proteins”
led by dr Andrea Lipińska.
Contract job position (full-time) for 34 months, expected starting date: 1st of December 2022. Conditions are negotiable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16TH OCTOBER, 2022, 23:59
- Ph.D. degree in biological or biomedical sciences (biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, medical biology, etc.), obtained in an institution other than the University of Gdansk,
- Strong motivation for scientific work in the field of virology and immunology,
- Laboratory work experience, preferably in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, and protein analysis techniques (molecular cloning, PCR, Western blotting); practical experience in the work with animal/human viruses and in flow cytometry will be beneficial,
- Documented ability of planning and writing scientific publications in English,
- Ability of public presentation of research results,
- Independence in research work (planning and performing experiments, documentation, and analysis of results), ability to work in a team (interpersonal communication skills), and willingness to improve the scientific workshop,
- Very good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
RESPONSIBILITIES DURING WORK IN THE PROJECT WILL INCLUDE:
Performing experiments investigating the influence of SARS-CoV-2 virus (work in BSL3 conditions) and its individual proteins expressed in mammalian cell lines on the antigen presentation and interferon pathways, interactions with influenza viruses; analysis of results, preparing reports describing results, presentations of the results during scientific conferences, writing scientific papers.
- Full-time contract job position for 34 months, a salary of 9 705 PLN (gross).
- Work in a supportive, dynamically evolving, small scientific team, at one of the best biotechnology faculties and virology groups in Poland, more details about the group: https://virologygdansk.ug.edu.pl
- Required training and support,
- Participation in international scientific conferences and expanding the publication record.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16TH OCTOBER, 2022, 23:59.
APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. A scientific CV supporting the requirements/eligibility criteria, including information on main scientific achievements (publications, conference reports, other scientific activities, awards, fellowships, training, courses, internships related to the post-doc topic),
2. A copy/scan of the Master’s Degree diploma and doctorate diploma,
3. A motivation letter in English,
4. Address details of 2 scientists that can provide recommendations confirming the required skills,
5. Please include the clause "I consent to the processing of personal data contained in my offer for the purposes of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883)" in the application.
The post-doc will be selected in an open competition procedure by a recruitment committee accepted by the Vice-Rector for Research at the University of Gdańsk. The rules for recruitment and employment are included in Act No 95/2020 from the 14th of September 2020 r. by the National Science Centre.
Selected candidates, fulfilling the requirements/eligibility criteria, will be invited for an interview (in person or on-line). We reserve the right to respond only to selected offers, postpone the application deadline or close the competition without selecting a candidate. The information about the interview will be sent to the selected candidates by e-mail.
Please send the application documents via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained via this e-mail address.