SEA-EU announces the second edition of the STudent STartup Competition!
We invite all entrepreneurial students to participate in an international initiative supporting student startups. Selected teams will have the opportunity to present their projects to representatives of the business world, and the best of them will compete for the title of „Best University Startup 2022” and the right to present at the prestigious Wolves Summit 2022.
How to apply?
Interested teams should apply for the first stage, which is to select representatives of the University of Gdansk for the Stup final organised in Croatia in June.
The prerequisite for application is:
- The presence of at least 2 students from the University of Gdansk in the team
- The compliance with the definition of a startup (rules of procedures art.3)
- That the intellectual property conditions of the project must be met (rules of procedures art.9)
- A startup theme that fits the category:
- Cyber Security
- AgriTech, Food and Bioeconomics
- Transportation and Mobility
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability
- Robotics and Data/AI
- Blue Economy
- Health and Quality of Life
What does the first stage look like?
Applications submitted by 19.04
By April 19, leaders of the teams which meet the criteria are asked to complete an application form and attach a short presentation describing the project. Registration is done by the leader on behalf of the team.
After verifying all the applications, teams meeting the criteria will be invited to workshops focused on supporting the teams in preparing the investor presentation (pitch desk) and the speech itself. After the workshops, the teams will have two weeks to refine their presentations before UG representatives are selected.
Workshops will provide participants with practical knowledge of:
- How to properly prepare a presentation that will be the background for a five-minute speech,
- What questions jury asks during a speech,
- How to behave on stage to appear credible and professional,
- How to create a presentation that stays in the audience’s memory.
Representatives selection 9.05
On May 9, the final presentation to the jury will take place. Experts will evaluate the project’s objective, innovation, market potential, revenue model, business development and tracking. During the event, teams will be selected to represent the University of Gdansk in Split.
Representatives training until 17.06
Before participating in the Stup final in Croatia, the UG representatives will undergo a series of training sessions under the guidance of experts.
More detailed information can be found at http://www.stup.efst.hr/. Please also read the terms and conditions of the competition http://www.stup.efst.hr/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/STup-2022-regulations.pdf.